Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Protein Power


Dan and I have observed that it is difficult for me to get enough protein following traditional Orthodox fasting rules, and I usually end up becoming somewhat sickly when fasting properly. Lunch, which I don't share with Dan, helps me make up for the largely lower-protein foods I have been making for dinner that more closely approximate fasting-appropriate choices. Today is no exception. Lunch features a chicken Caesar salad with fresh croƻtons (making the bread portion of the lunch) and a sprinkling of freshly-grated Parmesan atop a bed of romaine hearts. Instead of my now-traditional soup, I opted for a small serving of Cuban-style beans garnished with a small fresh tomato. I chose the beans both because I then need to be eaten before they spoil and because of the nice protein content.

Dinner? Well... we're going out!

No comments: