Monday, September 3, 2007

Food for the hubby

I haven't posted anything here in a while... in part because we've been busy, I've been on deadline and I haven't had the time or motivation to do a whole lot of scratch cooking, let alone write about it. This weekend marks a return to a more involved way of eating and a bit more time to write about what I have done.

Yesterday's dinner was made in homage to Daniel's distant Swedish heritage. He's biologically 1/2 Swede, so I figure maybe his body will appreciate some Swedish-inspired cuisine. I made split pea soup with a traditional recipe and some coaching, and even though it was not quite right due to the limitations of the ingredients I had on hand, it was quite tasty. When coupled with Swedish pancakes and jam, it was a decent attempt at Thursday food in Sweden. Yes, it was Sunday here, but we called it a sort of spiritual Thursday and ate up anyway.

Today's lunch, well, Daniel's lunch anyway, was the result of a bit of internet research on sore throat recipes. He's ill and we have an audition tonight. Bad combination. So, between naps with the kitties, he's eating miso soup and drinking hot, fresh honey lemonade. The honey lemonade is a regular sore throat remedy around here, but I threw in the miso for good measure. Daniel is probably glad I decided against bringing him hot dill pickle brine. Next time, maybe. :D

No comments: